GW7 Review, back on top after a Wildcard that paid off





GW7 Review

93 points for GW7 saw me return to the summit of the FPL. I decided it was time to play my wildcard and it paid off big time. Harry Kane returned 26 points as captain; while my defence and keeper returned 51 points with 4 clean sheets, 3 assists and 2 goals between them. 

Transfers
Courtois, Alonso, Stones, Valencia, Firmino and Aguero made way for De Gea, Monreal, Trippier, Morata, Kane and Bailly. The players that made way scored 20 points and those that came in scored 49 with the bonus of making new recruit Harry Kane Captain. 

The obvious disappointment for the GW was Morata only being able to play 34 minutes and returning just 1 point, he is also a major doubt for GW8. 

Another disappointment was that I had originally bought in Phil Jones however I later transferred him out as Jose Mourinho said he was unavailable through injury to then play him instead of Bailly who I transferred for Jones. 



Can't ignore Harry Kane anymore!

This was the first GW I've selected Kane, and not having Kane until now is probably one of the reasons I've been so high in the ranking. However, Kane can't be ignored anymore, he's on fire. If he, and Spurs, can sort out their form at Wembley then Kane will become a must have. Kane has scored 36 goals in 31 games in all competitions in 2017 including 6 in his last 4 PL games. 








Beware of the international break.
The PL takes a weekend off as players link up with their international teams. I'm holding off on making transfers to see if anyone picks up a knock on international duty. Keep an eye on www.fantasyfootballfix.com for price rises and falls during the break, also @FantasyFootyFix on twitter. It helped when playing my WC last week so I didn't lose out on players going up and down in value. 

Twitter 
Follow me for updates on Twitter: @Barrick88 
Must follow FPL accounts:
@officialFPL   
@BenDinnery - For all the latest injury news, I never select a player without checking if he's fit.
@FPLHints @FFPundits @FantasyFootyFix @FPLGeneral @FPL_Fly  @FPL_Penguin @FantasyPLGuide @FPLPriceChanges are all excellent FPL accounts on twitter.

Comments

Popular Posts